Re: "What did dinosaurs really look like..."

It is true that we'll never know "exactly" how dinosaurs looked like (except
some really improbable "Jurassic park" in the future)
But we can make educated guesses based on what we know about them and what
we know about our extant environment: For example, predatory animals are
more modest in color than herbivores, this is more evident in birds than in
everything else, and why is that?, well, they tend to live in flocks and
showing off to get status or a mate is more important than being eaten.
(numbers are a great defense for a species, if not for the individuals)
check out parrots, chicken, peasants, etc.
On the contrary raptors find harder to make a living, so they tend to be
less conspicuous, and in that females need to take care of the next
generation, so they're best camouflaged than males.
Other example is in pack predators, they usually have distinct patterns so
the individuals can recognize each other. (cape dogs, wolves, and yes,
humans)
So using common sense, we can have a fair image, if not an exact one, of
what any extinct animal looked like. and even color blind mammals (wich
actually are NOT the mayority of species in our modern world) use patterns
for camoflage or to deliver messages to other animals (cats, deer, antelope)

Max Salas