Re: "Scientists Build Dinosaur Skeleton"

At 10:52 PM 8/22/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Congratulations to Ralph Chapman (and others at the NMNH) on the excellent
>news coverage of the Triceratops scanning project:
>
>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20000822/aponline164659_000.htm

I agree, Congratulations!

I wish they had chosen one sentence better (actually, one word.):

"What's not going into *hiding* is the stereolithography technology used to
create the man-made bone from computer data files."

I think this makes it seem like something is being done TO the public.  It
reminds me of the scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark with the
government room full of boxes.

Now all I have to do is wait for the download version of the program and
the new "printer" needed to have my own Triceratops skeleton. ;-)

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@interlog.com>
                     <dinoguy@netscape.com>
For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at: