Re: Riddle of the "Smallest": Quantifying "Small"

After comparing the size of "O." minutus to Parvicursor, I felt it
neccessary to correct my previous statement.  I wrote-

> Also, "Ornithomimus" minutus, a mononykine (or avimimid), is similar to
> Parvicursor in size.

Actually, depending on how you're comparing the single known distal
metatarsal II of "O." minutus to that of Parvicursor (distal transverse
width, distal anteroposterior width, width of shaft), it turns out that this
species is 1.1 to 1.7 times the size of Parvicursor, giving it a femur
length of 60-90 mm.

Mickey Mortimer