Re: Dinosaurs footprints found in Italy

>I heard about this a few days ago, and was interested to learn more about
>these prints.  The full article says the prints are about 120-130 million
>years old.  My first question on the subject, immediately upon reading the
>article, was if these prints were at all related to some of the tracks found
>in the Northern Italian Dolomite Alps (which are being studied by the group
>Alessandro Marisa is a part of).
>
>The northern Italian prints are Cretaceous in age, so obviously they are not
>related.  But, from my readings I have heard that there is some debate about
>the age of southern Italian sediments (meaning that they may indeed be
>Cretaceous-meaing the two print locales may be related).  Does anyone know
>anything of this?
>You can see photos of these Northern Italian tracks at
>http://www.geocities.com/stegob/trento.html

Just a quick note-the AP articles list the prints as Jurassic in age, although
they give the dates as 120-130 mya (early Cretaceous).  This is likely just an
error in the media, but the debate on the dates of some of these southern
Italian sediments I posted about does concern this.  Some say that they may be
Jurassic, some Cretaceous.  Maybe the reporter was just confused.

Just to make things clear.  I don't want people to think I don't know my
geological dates....

Steve