Re: Electronicly published: why don't modern birds have teeth?

Tom Holtz wrote:
<A developmental biology paper explaining why modern birds don't have teeth>

Cool stuff. Cheng-Ming is an old buddy of mine from Rockefeller University
days. He's always involved in strange chicken development experiments.

Makes me wonder, could the old phrase, "rare as hen's teeth" have a basis in
fact? Some kind of revertant-mutation? Now, if we can just find a toothy
chicken with unguals and a little more tail . . .

Tom Hopp