Re: Endotherms and reproduction

Betty Cunningham wrote:

> Since birds and crocodiles are both internal, wouldn't it stand to
> reason that dinosaurs would retain everything internally also?

Perhaps. Or crocs may have internalised them for aquadynamic purposes
(like cetaceans). In the case of birds, it could have been aerodynamic
concerns, or perhaps weight/centre of mass.

> Wasn't there a recent discussion about a found theropod imprint in a
> sitting position?  Wouldn't that reveal a cloaca or scrotum impression?

Unless it was female, in which case impressions may not clearly indicate
anything. Don't get me wrong, I suspect the case for dinosaur cloacas is
pretty strong. Just looking at the alternatives.

GIS Archaeologist           http://dannsdinosaurs.terrashare.com
Melbourne, Australia        http://home.alphalink.com.au/~dannj/