Re: In Disguise

> structures that could easily be used for color-changing).  The only
> vertebrates that can change color  (aside from molting or shedding and
> growing whole new dermal structures) are lizards (correct me if I'm
> wrong, there).

I believe flatfish (eg Alaska Halibut-yum!) change colors and even pattern
to match the sea floor. They can change from say a brownish sandy pattern to
a gray cobble pattern. Of course, fish are farther removed from dinosaurs
than reptiles, so your argument holds.

Dave Board

www.PrehistoricPlanet.com