Response to Gould?

Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

<< Yes, birds ARE dinosaurs, just as they are archosaurs, diapsids and amniotes. >>

And here I've been led to believe that objective truth is not possible in science! How do you like that. Birds ARE dinosaurs. Wow.

Actually George, I included a caveat; to quote from my earlier message "Yes, birds ARE dinosaurs, just as they are archosaurs, diapsids and amniotes. That is a phylogenetic reality (at least based on abundant evidence)."

Read: "at least based on abundant evidence." And I do think that the evidence is abundant. Unless you have a special hotline to God (1-800-TREE-OF-LIFE perhaps), the available data are the best we have in ascertaining relationships.

(George, I'm taking the liberty in assuming that your comment was rooted in sarcasm and not genuine surprise. My native language is Dutch, and my sincerest apologies if I've misinterpreted your verbage - no sarcasm intended.)

ZH