Re: Evidence that colors my opinion...

Just yesterday I watched a program on the Travel Channel that showed
color-changing young caimans on the Patanal...so why is it so difficult to
imagine in their archosaurian kin?<<

Really?!  I've never heard of color-changing crocodilians.  (I had heard of
those color-changing fish, but forgot about them).  By what mechanism do the
caimans change color?  Chromatophores?  Or is it a gradual process of color
change as they get older?  I know all sorts of organisms do that.

Dan