Re: In Disguise

Dave Board wrote:

> I believe flatfish (eg Alaska Halibut-yum!) change colors and even pattern
> to match the sea floor. They can change from say a brownish sandy pattern
> a gray cobble pattern. Of course, fish are farther removed from dinosaurs
> than reptiles, so your argument holds.

    Thinking back, I once saw a fish in a pet shop which was busily changing
from magenta to green to yellow to blue, with each full color change taking
about 15 seconds. The shopkeeper laughed when he said someone had asked "Why
do they call it a 'flashing' tilefish?"
    IIRC, Chrighton brought up the subject of color-changing dinosaurs in
his "Lost World". A fun story, but not, I believe to be taken as more than
that.
            B.