Re: Response to Gould?

--- Jeffrey Martz <jeffmartz@earthlink.net> wrote:

>     This
> is a little bit like
> saying "Custer's army wouldn't have been completely
> slaughtered if one guy
> had survived".  Technically true, but missing the
> important point, that the
> vast majority of dinosaur diversity was wiped out
> except for one small,
> derived group.

It was my understanding that there are more species of
birds than of any other terrestrial vertebrate.  So,
isn't the inclusion of "Bird" within "Dinosaur" saying
something pretty important about the success of
dinosaurs?

=====
Larry

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi Pecuniam omnen mihi dabis ad capul tuum saxum immane
mittam."