RE: birds are birds, dogs are dogs

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Oscar Quill
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 10:55 AM
To: NKing@usi.edu
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: birds are birds, dogs are dogs

--- "King, Norm R" <NKing@usi.edu> wrote:
> This is another of those discussions that never
> seems to get resolved.  It

That's because it's philosophical.

Is it just me or has anyone else thought that a lot of paleontology is
philosophical? We/palaeontolgist/scientist/amateurs etc are trying to come
up with philogeny's/life histories/life styles/etc of long extinct animals
of which we have no physical evidance for other than fossilized
bones/plant's/ichnology/etc. Just a thought.
Tracy