Re: Atomosphere (Last of the Pterosaurs

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Brusatte <dinoland@lycos.com>
To: dbensen@gotnet.net <dbensen@gotnet.net>; dinosaur@usc.edu
<dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Saturday, December 02, 2000 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: Atomosphere (Last of the Pterosaurs

>> (snip)..., but do we really have
>>Mesozoic air samples?
>
>Keith Rigby claims that he does, although I don't know exactly what he has
published >on it.  I interviewed him awhile back, and in my process of
researching I came across >some articles (including one in the Notre Dame
Alumni Magazine, I believe) that >described Rigby's research on some amber
specimens that had 'Mesozoic air' >trapped inside of them.

Hmmm....I wonder??? (wouldn`t the oxygen have oxidized the amber and been
converted to CO2 over a period of time???)