Atmosphere Refs

Hey,
I agree with Larry and Jeff that the entire idea of oxygen and other
atmospheric gases being trapped in amber bubbles for over 65 million years is a
bit shady and hard to believe, but anyway....here are some refs that relate to
the subject.  I know that there is another paper out that that deals explicitly
with the bubbles, but I don't have it.

Hengst, Richard A., J. Keith Rigby, Gary P. Landis, and Robert L. Sloan.  1996.
Biological Consequences of Mesozoic Atmospheres: Respiratory Adaptations and
Functional Range of Apatosaurus.  In: Cretaceous-Tertiary Mass Extinctions:
Biotic and Environmental Changes.  MacLeod and Keller, eds.  WW Norton and
Company, New York.

Hengst, Richard and J. Keith Rigby.  1994.  Apatosaurus as a Means of
Understanding Dinosaur Respiration.  In: Dinofest 1994 Volume.  Rosenberg and
Wolberg, eds.  Paleontological Society Special Publication #7.  Randall Spencer
Series editor, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Press.

Hengst, Richard and J. Keith Rigby.  In Press.  Mesozoic Breathing: Comparing
North and South American Theropods.  In: Dinofest Volume III.

Furthermore, check out Hengst's letter to the journal Science in the July 3,
1998 issue.

Steve
---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Great Gift Idea!  FREE cell phone, internet ready at Lycos Marketplace
 http://www.inphonic.lycos.com/redirect.asp?referringpage=www.lycosd1