RE: [Re: Birds, Fish, and the Class Ceratopsia (was RE: Response to Gould?)]

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Ken Kinman wrote:

>      I'll make you a deal.  If you can convince any major university to
> establish a Department of Ceratopsia which is equivalent to their Department
> of Ornithology, then I will consider Ceratopsia as a separate class.

This just reinforces Tom Holtz's point that paraphyletic taxa are named
based on authority rather than actual morphological disparity.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
    work, binary files      <mkeesey@dcentgroup.com>
      AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
       ICQ                     <77314901>