Re: Ultrasaurus=Supersaurus (was Re: Trex femur (was : Dinofest))

In a message dated 12/5/00 5:33:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
z_heraklides@hotmail.com writes:

> Matt - It's my understanding that _Ultrasaurus_ (= _Ultrasauros_) is
>  actually the same as _Supersaurus_, since the type trunk vertebra of
>  _Ultrasaurus_ comes from the _Supersaurus_ skeleton.

_Ultrasaurus_: non-diagnostic sauropod (brachiosaurid?) material from Korea.
_Ultrasauros_: a mix of elements from the diplodocid _Supersaurus_ and a
particularly large _Brachiosaurus_.  Am not personally sure which one the
type    specimen comes from.

--Nick P.