Re: birds are birds, dogs are dogs

In a message dated 12/5/00 7:59:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
NJPharris@aol.com writes:

> > Do you think George "comprehends the fullness of time and richness of
life"
>  >  in view of his denial that birds are dinosaurs?  Of course he does!
>
>  I think it is reasonable to argue that he does not comprehend the richness
>  of dinosaurian life!

Oops.  George has subsequently pointed out that he does not favor splitting
birds from other dinosaurs in higher-level taxonomy.

However, I would still assert that those who would remove birds from
Dinosauria fail to appreciate that when the birds came along, they *expanded
the boundaries of what it means to be a dinosaur*, rather than somehow
leaving the group.

--Nick P.