Re: standing t-rexs

As far as I know, T. rex tails are much more flexible side to side than up
and down, preventing this position.  Also, the morphology of the pubic and
ischium are such that the animal could lay down easily, but not "sit" like
kangaroos or other mammals.  T. rex tails and hips were not flexible enough
to allow this, unlike many mammals.  Also, the mechanics behind a seven ton
animal bouncing on its tail are staggering.  I think that T. rex could reach
an aerial phase in its locomotion, but to bounce all its mass on a tail for
a much longer period than in running is, to me, completely unfeasible.  Were
a T. rex to kick, it would kick like an ostrich, from the side, not using
its tail as support.  Mr. Gregory S. Paul illustrated two Tyrannosaurus
(Daspletosaurus) torosus performing this action.  Thus the Knight renderings
are inaccurate.  Hope that was helpful...

Peace out, Demetrios Vital