From: "GOBI 2010" <gobi2010@hotmail.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: When the going gets tough
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:15:11 -0000

Ever since I've been little, I've wanted to become "a paleontologist" when I
grew up. Now, I'm in my first year of college, and that goal seems so much
closer
--and so much farther away.
I'm struggling with my basic bio classes, & labs. It's a lot more work than
I expected, and I seem to be failing. At times like this, I wonder if I'm
really cut out to become a paleontologist, and consider going into a subject
that's 'easier' for me,(Maybe art or archaeology) instead of this 'insane
struggle'as classmates have dubbed it.
The fact is, it's tough to keep going, and some days (okay, forget some--
MANY) it seems my goal is mereley a dream, something utterly out of my
reach, and I feel as if the world's taking great joy in pushing my failures
into my face.
I know I'm not the only one who'se faced discouragement out there.
So, I'm asking for a little advice, please, folks:

What do YOU do when you're discouraged in your work?

also, on another line of thought:
love how my college's handled the dinosauria... they're currently ignored in
my biology class (We've got reptiles and birds,though!)--
and currently all dinosaur-related things are handed over to the geology
prof, at least to my knowledge.

-Jessica W.

_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com