Re: a rose is a rose (Philidor's questions)

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, fredericus ruhe wrote:

> At 18:15 3-12-2000 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >There's always _Jurapteryx_ (the proposed genus for _A. bavarica_).
>
> No no, Jurapteryx was proposed for Archaeopteryx lithografica for the
> Eichstätt specimen by Howgate in 1984, Archaeopteryx bavarica was described
> as a new species by Wellnhofer in 1993. It is also known as the Solenhofer
> Aktien-Verein specimen.

Whoops; I must have gotten confused because I have _J. recurva_ listed as
a tentative synonym of _A. bavarica_ -- I think that must be an error,
though.... should be a synonym of _A. lithographica_, right?

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
    work, binary files      <mkeesey@dcentgroup.com>
      AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
       ICQ                     <77314901>