RE: When the going gets tough

Hi Brent,

Now I am a 37-year-old man, who works in a museum call center and dreams of going back to college to work on a degree (or even just classes!) in paleontology so that I can be a part of this field.

I completely understand. I'm 34 and had a business career before deciding to go to university to work with paleontology. One of the hardest things I ever did was take my first class. The second hardest thing was when I went to Alberta to learn how to dig with the Royal Tyrrell Museum. I knew going up there that it would be the deciding factor as to whether I had chosen the correct path. Much to my relief and wonderment, it was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

So, Brent, don't give up on your dreams either. Take a class here and there and you'll surprise yourself at how fast they begin to add up.

Never give up,

Patty
When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride,
He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside.
But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail,
For the female of the species is more deadly than the male.
  Kipling, "The Female of the Species"

Patty Ralrick
Montana State University
100 Johnstone Hall Room 305