Re: bipedality in pterosaurs (was:climbing dromaeosaurs and friends)

-----Original Message-----
From: Danvarner@aol.com <Danvarner@aol.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Sunday, December 10, 2000 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: bipedality in pterosaurs (was:climbing dromaeosaurs and
friends)

>In a message dated 12/10/00 2:49:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
>scott_hartman@hotmail.com writes:
>
><< This doesn't mean that they couldn't have been bipedal, but
> if so, they did it in a different way. >>
>
>  Dimorphodonts would also have to do it with a plantigrade foot. See:
>http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1998Mar/msg00050.html
>  DV.

As was mentioned once before,....I contacted both Padian and Dave Peters
about the results of the "Clark" article,and they both still believe there
was sufficient flexion possible in the Dimorphodon pes to allow for a
digitigrade stance. So,...I guess it is a matter of which pterosaur "expert"
you want to agree with, as it appears there is, at present, no complete
consensus on this issue.