Re: Project Exploration comes home

In a message dated 12/11/00 8:32:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
conradjack@hotmail.com writes:

<< One particular picture is of
 an arachnid called a solifuge.  When you put the cursor on the picture, the
 word "no T.V." come up.  We kept some gladiator solifuges and fed them for
 entertainment in Gadoufoua. >>

  The photo Jack is talking about is at:
http://www.projectexploration.org/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Saha

ra&image=solifuge.jpg&img=&tt=img
  The cool thing is you can send it as a postcard! I've also heard them
called Solpugids and wind scorpions. The members of the Polish-Mongolian
expeditions used to keep a wary eye out for them. Folklore had it that they
were very poisonous. How big were these, Jack? I had a little one appear in a
screen I was using for sifting once in South Dakota.
  Someday, the horror movie industry is going to discover these. The way they
use their huge mandibles is very distressing. DV.