RE: New Japanese Theropod (Azuma and Currie)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of Zoe
Heraklides
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2000 9:39 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: RE: New Japanese Theropod (Azuma and Currie)

"Tracy Ford" <tlford@ix.netcom.com> writes:

>Here's an idea people, check out the journal when it comes out. That is the
>only way to do it. All this on line stuff people want, it just kind of gets
>to me some times :<

What a great idea.  Why download an article and print it in the comfort of
your home or office in a matter of minutes, when you can just trudge over to
the library in the snow and rain, and try and find the journal on the shelf.
  Even if that journal is held by the library, the volume you want is never
there, so that means going back the next day or the next week.  And when you
find the article, you have to make sure you find a photocopier that works
and make sure your copy card has the right amount of money on it.  Then any
photos in the article don't come out all that well when photocopied...

Why miss out on all that fun by downloading an article of the internet?

;-)

> I went to the website above.  I was not able to access the entire
article -
>  at least not without handing over $20 as a "Pay-per-View" fee to download
>  it.  How do I access the .pdf file?

Above is what I was talking about. Not all articles are on the internet and
the internet has become something that people think that they can just go to
and get EVERTHING they want. But they can't and going to the library is the
next and IMHOP the best way to get what you want. And yes I know not every
library caries every article. I've been collecting articles for over 20
years and still I can't find everything I need. Early this year I found an
article that I've been looking for over 20 years. And you know what ITS NOT
ON THE INTERNET!!!

This is something that affects every paleontologist, every enthusiast, every
student, but it's a fact of life.
Tracy
PS. Sorry for the rant