Re:Details on Protopteryx

I think the P should be pronounced, since  i've never been tought of the opposite ( at school we study latin) and because i can't find any mention of this particular use on my L-dictionary(mainly for this reason, ok;-).

i also suppose that the word pteryx is greek (never studied Greek though) and a derived form was used by Latins  ( for example the latin "Pteron"  is surely derived from it[being written in the greek form too on the dictionary], but is used in an architectural context).

So  i'd say it would be correct to pronounce the P, but i hope someone else has something to say on this because i'm surely not an expert.

bye

FC