From: "Raymond A. Zilinskas" <rzilinskas@miis.edu>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Subject: Simukov
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:47:03 -0800

Dear members of the dinosaur network,
I am now in the process of editing a book on the biological and cultural
resources of Mongolia.  While researching this subject, I came across the
works of Andrei Dmitrievich Simukov (1902-1942) and found out something of
his unhappy ending.  I would like to make note of Simukov's work in my book.
Anyway, a meeting supposedly took place between Simukov and R.C. Andrews in
the late 1920s or early 1930s.  I have also heard that the occasion was
photographed, with the photograph printed in a Swiss newspaper.  Does anyone
have knowledge of any of this?  If so, I would appreciate hearing about it.
Best wishes,
Raymond A. Zilinskas, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist
Monterey Institute of International Studies