Re:Details on Protopteryx

  I goofed. I wrote that inital "p" in unvoiced, but this is an English
convention, as Nick explained previously, and I held to the popular
form.

Ken Kinman wrote:

<The only silent "p" words I can think of are those which begin with
"p", like pterosaur, pneumonia, psychologist, etc.>

  p-TAIR-ah-SZAWR-us, p-noo-moh'-NEE-ah, and in the grand tradition of
Wakko Warner, p-SYE-koh-lah-GEE-ah; also, p-SIT-ah-kah-SZAWR-us, which
is actually how I prefer to pronounce it. Popularly (and according to
the Oxford Unabridged) no "p". Oh, well.... Oxfordians didn't create
Greek, they have no say....

  Okay, so "foo-koo-ih-RAAP-tehr"?

=====
Jaime A. Headden