Another new italian dinosaur

When I was a student I was taught that no dinosaur will ever be found in
Italy...
Now after thousands of tracks, Scipionyx, the saltriosaur (informal name),
a nearly complete hadrosaur has been officially presented to press
yesterday. Skull, limbs, girdles, tail trunk, all are beautifully preserved.
It is a four meter long non crested hadrosaur nicknamed "Antonio"
found near Trieste (Northern Italy) in a Late Cretaceous (Campanian?)
shallow marine depositional environment, in a site that yielded fishes, a
turtle and, if I'm not wrong, plant remains.
For further more detailed info please ask to Dr. Fabio Dalla Vecchia, who
led field work. His e-mail is:

fabdalla@tin.it

                                        Silvio Renesto

-

"Before being enlightened,   hard work; after enlightenment, hard work"
(Guo Yunshen).

Dr. Silvio Renesto
Dipartimento di Scienze della Terra
Università degli Studi di Milano