Re: Hello may I join in? (Hawkins)

Interestingly enough, the story most commonly told is that the some of the
dinosaurs were, in fact, constructed.

Boss Tweed's political machine, however, had different ideas about how they
wanted to spend the money allocated for the park. According to the common
account, thugs were sent to destroy the (largely concrete) models. The pieces
were then buried in a currently unknown location in Central Park.

This is, in fact, the story (simply put) that I've heard for years.

One can find it along with a reproduction of what the museum might have looked
like at:

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

Central
Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member
of The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer