From: "Steve  Brusatte" <dinoland@lycos.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Paleo Find of the Year 2000
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:01:18 -0600

Hey,
As some of you may know, last year I conducted a poll of about 22 different paleo personalities around the world, asking them their picks for the paleo find of the decade, century, and millennium. This year, I am at it again, only scaled down a bit.

I have already asked a few different select members of my panel what they believe is the paleo find of the year for 2000. I have received back a multitude of various responses.

Now, I would like to open up this question to this list. All of you who would like to nominate a choice for paleo find of the year can post it in a message to the group, or off list to me. The final winner, which receives the majority of all votes (no recount needed) will be posted on my website sometime next week.

And, remember the choices are not only dinosaurs. They can be any paleo find of the year. Some suggestions are Microraptor, Saltriosaurus, Santanaraptor, the Thescelosaurus heart, Horner's five Montana Tyrannosaurs, Phil Currie's new giant theropod, Bambiraptor, the new titanosaur from Texas, the new large sauropod from Argentina, or Pyroraptor (among dinosaurs), and the tiny Madagascar primates, the new upright walking reptile, and that new species of fossil human (among non dinosaurs).

I look forward to hearing your choices.

Thanks,
Steve

---