Re: Dino Demise by Angiosperms

In a message dated 12/18/00 12:00:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dagmardragonlady@hotmail.com writes:

> I ran across an interesting theory on how dinos bit the dust.  It had to do
>  with the rise of Angiosperms, and the decline of Gymnosperms, the then
major
>  food supply for many Cretaceous dinosaurs.

Not to be rude, but I have to say I think this is very unlikely, for two main
reasons:  first, dinosaurs and angiosperms coexisted quite well for tens of
millions of years (at least 60 million); second, there remain to this day
vast ecosystems dominated, at least as far as the large tree niche is
concerned, by gymnosperms.

--Nick Pharris