Re: Details on Eoenantiornis

I wrote-

At most, sometimes they're the sister group to Aves, but my most recent phylogenies (with Microraptor added) place dromaeosaurs above them and troodontids (which are the outgroup to Aves if alvarezsaurs are closest).

Hmm.  Rewording the sentence also deleted an important part. Should read:
At most, sometimes they're the sister group to Aves, but my most recent phylogenies (with Microraptor added) place dromaeosaurs above them and troodontids (which are the next outgroup to Aves if alvarezsaurs are closest).

In other words, it's either (Dromaeosauridae (Troodontidae (Alvarezsauridae + Aves))) or (Troodontidae (Alvarezsauridae (Dromaeosauridae + Aves))).

Mickey Mortimer