[no subject]

Sorry Mike,

I was replying to your first message, before I noticed your second. I saw
you found out there are shorten bird-genus names than  Minmi.

At 20:59 20-12-2000 -0500, you wrote:
>On Thu, 21 Dec 2000, fredericus ruhe wrote:
>
>[last dinosaur, alphabetically]
>> Well, I know George, you don't believe birds are dinosaurs, but for most
>> subscribers on this list it would be Zygodactylus Ballmann, 1966!
>
>OOC, is there any neornithean genus that comes before _Aachenosaurus_ (or
>_Abelisaurus_ for valid genera)?

No, the first one I can think of is Abeillia, a hummingbird.

 Any shorter than _Minmi_?

Yes, for instance Anas (duck)!

 Longer than
>_Micropachycephalosaurus_?

24?

Palaeoephippiorhynchus is the longest I know of, only 22, you win!

Fred Ruhe