RE: _Spinosaurus_ (was: Jurassic Park III Info)

There is some material, there's only been a couple of papers that mention
such finds. Some specimens have been referred to _Spinosaurus_, but most
are just passed off as nomen dubium. I have my Sereno et al. Suchomimus
paper, they say that S. maroccanus material is just a nomen dubium and
that it all shall be referred to _S. aegyptiacus_ (they refer to all
the material from Albian- and Cenomian age rocks in Northern Africa to
S. aegyptiacus).
As for _Cristutosaurus lapparenti_, another nomen dubium (as claimed
by Sereno et al. ) it is from the area close to where _Suchomimus tenerensis_
was found. In the description of the specimen they state they have some
of the upper jaws and I believe a base of a spine. They do claim for
this specimen to not be _Baryonyx walkeri_ material or anything like
it, they claim this because of the premaxilla shape (and some other features
such as teeth "with smoooth carinae"). what this concludes is; These
authors then cannot say that _S. tenerensis_ is just another _C. lapparenti_.

By the way, in Mike Keesey's site, the dinoicon, it does mention S. aegyptiacus
might have measured up to 50ft. in lenght.
I do know, from a good source, that some people did look into the site
where _S. aegyptiacus_ was found, that some isolated bones were found.
I do not know what bones or how many.
Spinosaurs from Africa are being made known, it's al about geting people
to go get the bones.
I do think i read in a paper, that Milner is looking at some Spino material,
I dont know what though.
IT is interesting how Spinosaurs do spread out, some books say they're
found in Asia throough North Africa and S. America.
I guess we shall await more on _Irritator challlengeri_ and _Angaturama
lamai_, which probably are the same specimen (coming from the same location
and time period).

I apologize if I confused anoyone, there is more Spinosaur material known,
unfortunatly no _S. aegyptiacus_ skeletons.

I still do wanna see that Spino beat the fossil out of T-rex, maybe it'll
be good......
--
Marco  Mendez
spinosauroidea@onebox.com - email