Re: Earliest known Dromaeosaurid?

David Marjanovic wrote-

I've just found out that I haven't asked yet, so I'll do that now:
Can anyone provide references for these, especially the first one (Early Jurassic deinonychosaurians fit well into some hypotheses and diverse Early Jurassic and Late Triassic ?bird tracks...)? I've tried to search the archives for it, but this didn't work.

Tracy's message can be found here:
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1998Aug/msg00810.html .
Info on Novikov's finds was presented at the 1998 Maastricht Conference:
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1998May/msg00342.html
The English stuff was reported in:
METCALF, S.J., VAUGHAN, R.F., BENTON, M.J., COLE, J., SIMMS, M.J. and DARTNALL, D.L. 1992. A new Bathonian (Middle Jurassic) microvertebrate site, within the Chipping Norton Limestone Formation at Hornsleasow Quarry, Gloucestershire. Proceedings of the Geologists' Assoc. 103: 321-342
BENTON, M. 1993. Diversity and Evolution of the Dinosaurs. National Environmental Research Council News 27: 30-33
see also: http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1997Jan/0325.html
The Portuguese stuff was described in:
Zinke, J., 1998. Small theropod teeth from the Upper Jurassic coal mine of Guimarota (Portugal). Palaontologische Zeitschrift, 72, 1/2: 179-189.
The Morrison stuff was described in:
Britt, 1991. Theropods of Dry Mesa Quarry (Morrison Formation, Late Jurassic), Colorado, with an emphasis on Torvosaurus tanneri. Brigham Young University Geology Studies Volume 37,
1-72.
Which can be read online here: http://www.dinosaurweb.com/papers/drymesathesis/
Chure, Madsen and Britt, 1993. New data on theropod dinosaurs from the Late
Jurassic Morrison Formation. Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 13(3) 30A.

Mickey Mortimer