Re: [Dinosaur Question]

Sir,

    If it had a sail down the middle of its back, then it was a Spinosaur. Did
the show say what locality it was from?
   BTW (this is for the list), how, by the time of name, does one distinguish
between Family Class, Genera, etc. ?

                                  Hope that answers your question,
                                  Caleb Lewis

"Jonathan M. Thompson" <grylnsmn@prysm.net> wrote:

> I usually just lurk on this list, there are alot of interesting
> discussions going on here, but I have to tell everyone that I think I
> am way out of the loop...there are dinosaurs out now that were not
> even around when I was a kid...and that brings me to my question..
>
> My son was watching tv the other day, and there were dinosaurs
> on the show he was watching...I dont really know what it was, he
> will watch TLC or Discovery if there are dinosaurs on it. :-) Well he
> asked me about this dinosaur and I didnt know what it was, so I
> thought I would ask for some help.
>
> The dinosaur in question is bipedial, I am assuming its a carnivore
> (Yes I do know where assumptions can get you). It appears to be a
> small species of the tyrano family. The distiquishing feature is that
> it has a very large sail running down the middle of its back...if
> anyone can help me I would be real apprecative...Those that have
> children out there know they expect you to know everything...and
> by God I was going to find out...so even if you can send me a web
> address or something.. I would really appreciate that.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Jonathan M. Thompson
> grylnsmn@prysm.net
> ICQ 5790099/AOL(IM) GreyLnsman/IRC Gry_Lnsmn
> "Ask anyone who has created a campaign world from scratch how hard it was,
and you'll get a solemn
> look and wry smile. Ask them if it's finished and you'll get gales of
laughter, probably due to sleep