Re: Dinosaur Question

On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Mickey_Mortimer wrote:

>  As far as how many fingers these
> things had.... All "ceratosaurs" and non-coelurosaurian tetanurans
> (like carnosaurs and spinosaurids) had four fingers where known
> (coelophysoids, Dilophosaurus, Ceratosaurus, Carnotaurus,
> Xuanhanosaurus, Sinraptor, "Szechuanosaurus" zigongensis), except for
> Allosaurus, which had three.

?!?! First I've heard of any Tetanurae having four manual digits!

That would certainly make the case for a carcharodontosaur-abelisaur
relationship seem better ... I think....

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
    work, binary files      <mkeesey@dcentgroup.com>
      AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>
       ICQ                     <77314901>