R: Oviraptorid??

----- Original Message -----
From: <Dinogeorge@aol.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2000 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: Oviraptorid??

> As far as I know, this one is meant to be Ingenia, but I think it's based
on
> outdated assumptions about missing elements.

If you take a look at page 400 the Paul's reconstruction of Ingenia is a lot
different to the illustration cited previously by Filippo Calzolari, I think
that this is an old reconstruction of Dromiceiomimus, infact if you take a
look at page 401 you can see that expecially in the postcranial skeleton
there are some similarities with Dromiceiomimus, expecially the ilium, the
scapula and the ribs cage. I ignore why the author draw a skeleton of
Dromiceiomimus with a head of Oviraptorids.

By
Marisa Alessandro
"Volounteer of Paleontological Museum of Monfalcone"
Via Achille Grandi n°18
38068 ROVERETO (TN) ITALY
Tel:039-0464-434658 Email amaris@tin.it