Re: Status of _Caudipteryx_

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Ken Kinman wrote:

> Larry,
>       I suspect that Caudipteryx and Microvenator will end up in a family
> together.  If so, I just hope someone has formally proposed a family
> Microvenatoridae, so we don't have to mess with the question of
> Caudipteridae vs. Caudipterygidae.

Caudipteridae is definitely wrong; if there's any choice, it would be
between Caudipterygidae (as in Archaeopterygidae) or Caudipterychidae (as
in Baryonychidae). I'm pretty certain the former would be the correct one.

"Basal Oviraptorosauria _sensu lato_" is probably safest until more
studies are done, anyway.

T. MICHAEL KEESEY
    work, binary files      <mkeesey@dcentgroup.com>
      AOL Instant Messenger   <Ric Blayze>