Re: Status of _Caudipteryx_

In a message dated 12/28/00 8:02:41 PM EST, tmk@dinosauricon.com writes:

<< Caudipteridae is definitely wrong; if there's any choice, it would be
 between Caudipterygidae (as in Archaeopterygidae) or Caudipterychidae (as
 in Baryonychidae). I'm pretty certain the former would be the correct one. >>

Caudipterygidae is etymologically correct, but under current rules
Caudipteridae has to stick; see article 29.4 of the 4th edition of the ICZN.
As I recall, the family name was created in 2000 (that is, after 1999).