Re: Microvenatoridae?

Jaime Headden wrote-

> *Microvenator* and *Caudipteryx* have
> never been put into a publish analysis together, and the nature of the
> segnosaur/oviraptorosaur/*Caudipteryx* trichotomy has not been tested.

Slight disagreement.  While it is true Caudipteryx and Microvenator have
never been in a published phylogenetic analysis together, the
segnosaur/oviraptorosaur/Caudipteryx trichotomy has been tested.  Both Tom
Holtz and I have included all three in our unpublished analyses.  I find
(Segnosauria (Caudipteryx + other oviraptorosaurs)), Holtz finds
(Caudipteryx (Segnosauria + Oviraptorosauria)).  Not a consensus, but
certainly tested.

Mickey Mortimer