Re: [Re: paper request]

-----Original Message-----
From: T. Mike Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com>
To: Tracy Ford <tlford@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: Dinonet <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Thursday, December 28, 2000 7:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Re: paper request]

>On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Tracy Ford wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible for someone to set up an ftp site?  That way the
>> papers could be easily accessed by anyone.  It would also provide a
>> single location to post recent papers for anyone to find.
>
>I could set up a directory on the Dinosauricon. If enough people e-mail
>documents to <dinosaur@dinosauricon.com>, I'll set something up.

This would be a great service,...if only the most recent papers were made
available! I, for one, now rely greatly on Tracy`s services in obtaining
papers,...which is also great, because he usually finds everything I ask
for. I would do "the legwork" myself, but the local university at
Plattsburgh only offers "Nature", and not the many palaeontological journals
that I require.
I don`t want to put Tracy out of work, but it would be nice if (for
instance), I could go to this proposed site and find out if Dave Peter`s
recent  pterosaur phylogeny paper is yet available, let alone obtain it at
the speed of traveling electrons (OK, at least until the process hits my
printer,...then we`re talking the speed of glaciers..8^) . What I am saying
is, that it would be extremely convenient when only a single paper is needed
ASAP.