Re: Dinofest Recollections

In a message dated 12/26/00 10:32:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dinoland@lycos.com writes:

>  Sereno's African Giants exhibit was there, along with a nice Maryland
> dinosaur exhibit (with Astrodon material).  The ceratopsian exhibit was
among
> the best, with cast skulls or skeletons from at least eight different
> ceratopsians, including Tyrannosaurus, Montanaceratops, Einiosaurus, and
> Avaceratops, present.

As one of the contributors to the Arundel exhibit, I had a considerable bit
more material to loan for the exhibit than was actually taken. Space
limitations, transportation logistics as well as the material from other
contibutors presented a difficult choice for the person who put it together,
Dr. Peter Kranz. There should have als been there some Astrodon food (plant
fossils) and a couple theropod and croc teeth from moi!

Hopefully the next Dinofest will be more like the Philly one was!

Thomas R. Lipka
Paleontological/Geological Studies
Tompaleo@aol.com