Fw: _Galtonia gibbidens_ and Dinosaur Genera

From: "James E. Hower, Jr." <jimaytch@onemain.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000
Subject: Re: _Galtonia gibbidens_ and Dinosaur Genera

"...I live in PA (USA).  The teeth of _Galtonia gibbidens_(Hunt & Lucas
1994)* are so far the only dinosaur skeletal remains found in the
state(besides trace fossils/tracks). Are the teeth or the cast of the teeth
on display at a museum for the public to see? If so, where?"

    The only known (at least to me) material of this dinosaur is the
Lectotype, AMNH 2339, an almost complete premaxillary tooth.

    It is not on display there (American Museum of Natural History, N.Y.C.),
I feel reasonably certain, but, for example,
is illustrated in lingual view on Page 432 of DINOSAURS THE ENCYCLOPEDIA, by
Donald F. Glut, 1997, McFarland & Company, Inc., Box 611, Jefferson, North
Carolina 28640.

    You might try, on-line, the AMNH Fossil Vertebrate Collection, but for
some reason I cannot successfully log in on the link I had:
http://paleo.amnh.org/fossil/FRC.login2

    Maybe someone has a better link than that.

    Hope this helps.

    Ray Stanford