[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]

Re: Antarctosaurus

Tim Williams asked,

    "But can anyone tell me what a 'supra-scapula' is?"

    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that seemingly refers to the
coracoid, which, named in combination with the scapula is the
scapulocoracoid.  Supra- means ABOVE (above the scapula in this case), so it
must be another term for the coracoid. Thus, if one is measuring the
scapulocoracoid, then one is measuring the combination of the scapula and
the "supra-scapula" (coracoid, which juxtaposes the proximal end of the

    My 2 cents worth,

    Ray Stanford