Feasting on large dead animals... Re: Suchomimus Photos Posted Online

The only problem with the idea of one animal lasting for a long time is...
well.... refrigeration.

Under normal primitive circumstances yer average animal rots in about a day.
Not to mention various other animals and insects that might also be interested
in the stinky old carcass as well.

This is one of the reasons that hunters all the way up to the middle of the
20th century killed lots and lots of animals on game expeditions: they had to
eat them that day because otherwise the meat would spoil. So they had to shoot
more animals the next day. Didn't matter how big the animal was or how hungry
the hunters... no portable iceboxes.

ES

Steve Brusatte wrote:SNIPPED

Believe it or not, the meat from one Brachiosaurus 'teenager' would have been
more than enough to feed on Allosaur for an entire year (not to mention the
larger T. rex if it was living when Brachiosaurus was alive).

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

Central
Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member
of The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer