Re: Non-serpentine lacertids (was RE:WHAT'S GOING ON?)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Juergen Peters wrote:

> > Indeed, most times I see the term, people are really referring to
> > "Mesozoic dinosaur"
>
> But that's not equivalent to "non-avian dinosaur". Archaeopteryx  and
> cretaceous birds for example are mesozoic but also avian.

I didn't mean to say they were equivalent, I just said that many times
people say "non-avian dinosaur" when they really mean "Mesozoic dinosaur"
or "non-neornithean dinosaur" or even "extinct dinosaur".

e.g., "We cannot be sure of the color of non-avian dinosaurs."

T. Michael Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com> | AIM <Ric Blayze> | ICQ <77314901>
                 My Worlds <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
                 The Dinosauricon <http://dinosauricon.com>