DINOSAURS AT SEA

On dinosaurs found in marine deposits, Tracy (I think) wrote..

> All the Scelidosaurus specimens are from marine
> deposits. Also Emausaurus. A few stegosaurs, a ceratopian, various
> sauropods and theropods.

All of the Oxford Clay dinosaurs are from marine rocks, and they
include _Eustreptospondylus_, _Cetiosauriscus_ and _Dacentrurus_.
Dave Martill and I have a book coming out this September (not the Isle
of Wight book - it's another one) where we speculate on the co-
occurrence of such marine dinosaurs with giant pliosaurs. Maybe some
of the dinosaurs were pulled into the water by these marine predators
[It's admittedly more likely that the dinosaurs were simply washed out
to sea as carcasses however].

DARREN NAISH
PALAEOBIOLOGY RESEARCH GROUP
UNIVERSITY OF PORTSMOUTH