Re: Non-serpentine lacertids (was RE:WHAT'S GOING ON?)

In a message dated 7/3/00 10:32:00 AM, ornstn@home.com writes:

<< Those who criticize Feduccia et al for his reliance on convergence as a
catch-all explanation for any similarity whatever between birds and
maniraptorian dinosaurs are not denying convergence - merely stating (a)
that there are so many similarities between the two (with hardly any major
differences that are not new to birds) that convergence seems less likely
than common descent as an explanation for them and (b) convergence, which
requires similar lifestyles to at least some degree, may be a poor
explanation for similarities among creatures that may well have faced quite
different sets of selective pressures. >>

We are not talking about maniraptors and birds, we are talking about
spinosaurs and Allasaurs and birds.

eric l.