Re: Non-serpentine lacertids (was RE:WHAT'S GOING ON?)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, philidor11 wrote:

> I would also appreciate understanding why descriptive purposes should be
> rejected when such would not create a false picture of either the animals or
> evolution.  (I suppose I'm working to be comfortable with the idea that
> calling birds a group would be 'unnatural'.  It sure is intuitive.)

Aves is not an unnatural group. Recognizing Aves is fine. Separating it
from the rest of Dinosauria (e.g., in it's own "Class") is what is
unnatural.

T. Michael Keesey <tmk@dinosauricon.com> | AIM <Ric Blayze> | ICQ <77314901>
                 My Worlds <http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>
                 The Dinosauricon <http://dinosauricon.com>